Ever heard about eating your 5 portions of fruit and vegetables daily? This government initiative is a good guideline of how we should structure our diet, but why stop there? If you want to transform every aspect of your life, counting to 10 will definitely help you: daily.
Count to 10 to stay motivated
So I decided to experiment and transform this “5 a day” to include other parts of my life and made it a “10 a day”. Simple and still catchy. I have done this for 2 months now, and I must say it is a breath of fresh air and a great way to do more good on so many levels. How to reach your 10 daily points?
– fruit and vegetables: 1 point each
– exercising: 1 point each (eg. sprints, running, weights, doing 20 push ups, taking the stairs instead of the lift)
– helping someone out… be it with directions or carrying a push chair up some stairs for someone, don’t just walk on by, give a hand: 1 point
– making someone’s day in any way you can think of: 1 point
– not doing something you know you should not, but really want to… like eating a slice of cake or having that extra drink: 1 point
– whatever you think deserves points!
No right, no wrong
The idea is to encourage yourself to develop the right behaviours. Anything that is important to you, good for you and in line with long your term goals can be included.
Some days you will be at a cool 6-7 by lunchtime and feel good to be easing through the day to your 10 points… who knows, maybe you’ll blow through that target!
Other days you’ll be way behind and catch up late in the day… it will motivate your to grab a big salad and maybe finally put that call to your grannie… it will make her day, and it will make yours too!
YOUR CHALLENGE: Decide if the above points system works for you, add some of your own and keep a mental tally through the day. If anything, it will help your memory to remember the events of your day. Not doubt it will ensure you lead a better and happier life!